Saturday, July 13, 2013

It is the middle of the summer already!!!

     It is hard for me to believe that it is mid-July already. I have been home since the end of May and each day has been filled. I am working very hard to savor every moment.
     Luckily I am getting stronger each day and no longer needing a nap. I am learning how to use my left hand and arm although it still tingles all the time and periodically I get pain shooting through it. I am hoping that this means that the nerve is healing and regenerating. One annoying thing has developed since the last surgery and I don't know if it is related. But on some nights when I lie down (could be a short time or half the night), my nose completely stuffs up and I cannot breathe or sleep. Sometimes I just have to sit up for a hour or so until I can breathe again. My doctor didn't think it was very serious...but I need my sleep!
     My days have been filled with friends and visiting relatives, great food, bridge (Karla and I even won our division once), golf (I can't drive the par 5's and am not playing well but it us wonderful being with friends and walking the course), meditation (not nearly enough) and long walks on the beach.
     I am so thankful that Dr. Lufkin gave me the summer off from treatment and that I am healthy enough to really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment